A master detail is a repository of data. Using a master detail component in your page lets you add a dataset or a data form that holds the master record. The master-detail shares a parent-child relationship, where the detail derives its existence from the master.
How to use it?
After you drag and drop the master-detail component into the page, you will find two columns. The left column is the master detail and the right column is the master detail container.
In the master detail column, you will be able to:
- Change the caption name.
- Configure the data source. The data source can be a dataset or data form that you have created.
- Once you select your data source, you can select a title field and subtitle field for your master.
- Add filters to it based on the fields available.
- Sort data based on the fields as well as order such as ascending or descending.
- In Style properties, you will be able to adjust the sizing, modify the padding and margin, and set the border size, color, and radius.
- In Event properties, you will be able to add the event “On change” to direct the master detail to perform an action.
There are three actions that can be performed:
- Redirection - This action redirects you to the user-defined home page, the system-defined home page, or lets you go back to the same page.
- Open popup- The open popup action lets you open a popup that you had created using the Popup(add link) component.
A master detail container is just like any other container(link) and all actions done using a container component can be done using a master detail container as well.